[lug] Help Connecting with icebergradio.com

Phil Rasch pjr at phaedrus.cgd.ucar.edu
Mon Oct 22 21:58:45 MDT 2007

I have a mac running OSX in addition to a number of linux boxes.

Occasionally I use itunes to listen to music on the mac, and I
happened upon a radio stream I really like called icebergradio.com.

I would like to be able to access the station from a linux box, but I havent
been able to make a connection. One can reach the website, and try to
initiate a connection to a particular stream from a linux box (there
is a java based player among others) but I havent had any luck making
a connection.

I submitted a request to their support desk, but no reply.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make progress on installing a
player/plugin/etc that helps in decoding the stream I would be
grateful.

Thanks in advance

Phil