[lug] OT: got a spare dsl modem?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Oct 23 01:24:36 MDT 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 8:56 PM, F.L. Whiteley wrote:

> The 15XX series of Actiontec commonly lost ethernet autosense after
> several months and they would just 'strobe' while handshaking.  The
> ethernet port side of the Actiontec wasn't manually configurable, but
> setting a PC ethernet card manually to 10mbps worked.  A very few
> ethernet cards didn't have manual speed selection either. The
> 15XX's did
> die regularly also.

Damn it...

It would appear that I've been fighting this on my dad's Actiontec
for a couple of months now on and off, and couldn't explain to him
why 10 Mb/s settings on his machine would make it work.

Does Qwest have a replacement plan for these of any kind that you
know of Frank?  What a hunk of crap that thing is.  I'm almost sure
his is a 15XX series, but I'll check with him tomorrow.

Come to think of it, darn... I probably SHOULD have offered to call
FRII (he's still with them) and to set up the 678 at HIS house... but
I offered it out and I won't go back on that.  If Chris needs it,
it's his.  If you really want it (and Chris doesn't) Frank, it's
yours...

We'll just have to get his Actiontec replaced.  Uggh.

--
Nate Duehr
nate at natetech.com