[lug] ccache

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Oct 23 08:42:30 MDT 2007

I just noticed my F7 installs use a new package called ccache.  I didn't
ask for this package specifically so I assume it's a dependency for
something else (perhaps Samba, since that's where it came from).  It's
an interesting idea for build systems, but I found it doesn't work with
the Minimyth build system I'm working with currently.  The workaround
was to make sure /usr/bin was in your path before /usr/lib/ccache.

So what caused this package to get installed?  Kevin - you know how to
determine this from the RPMs?  I'm just curious.  Since the way to
use/not-use it is simply based on the PATH, it's no big deal that it's
there.  But I'm curious as to how it's getting installed now because it
appears to be the default frontend to gcc because of it's location in
the PATH.
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org