[lug] ccache

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Oct 23 15:24:13 MDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:35:38PM -0600, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 20:07 +0000, Zan Lynx wrote:
> > rpm -e --force coreutils glibc kernel! Yay!
>
> I believe these are the quick start instructions found in the "Building
> a boat anchor" Howto.

Reminds me of my early days of learning linux (RH 5.2).  I wanted to upgrade to the latest gimp and was installing from source.  That pesky glib was too old.  So I fired up kpackage and removed all packages named glib*.  Fortunately, I was able to do an "Upgrade" installation and only install glibc and get things working again w/o having to do a full reinstall.