[lug] sed from cron job fails (works from command line)

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Oct 23 18:46:48 MDT 2007

Ben wrote:
[...]
> But Rob rewrite my little script into perl where it doesn't have all
> this escape characters and the like, and that worked like a charm. The
> sed line (that was the problem) turned into:

FWIW, your sed line failed for me from the command line with the same
error you got.  But I didn't have time to look further.  My initial
reaction was that you need a more comprehensible way to write the regex.
  (PERL helps, but you probably need to comment it so you'll understand
it next week.)

Why did you escape spaces in the sed expression?

Dave