[lug] OT: got a spare dsl modem?

Chris Riddoch riddochc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:50:59 MDT 2007

On 10/24/07, John Hernandez <jph at jph.net> wrote:
> Hey Chris,
>
> I wonder if you can access the ADAM2 bootloader as described in this
> document in the "Restoring Qwest Firmware" section.
>
> http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Actiontec/GT701-WG
>
> If that works, maybe you can fire up OpenWrt while you're at it!

Cool, I'll try that once I get home this evening. I was wondering
about the bootloader, I didn't know what to look for. Thanks for
mentioning that page!

To everyone who's replied with suggestions and hardware, thanks. I'm a
bit slow in responding, for obvious reasons. (Would you believe that
with about 10 neighbors with wireless AP's that I can see, *all* of
them are using some sort of security, even if it's just WEP? People
seem to be a little more educated about these things than they used to
be.)

--
epistemological humility
  Chris Riddoch