[lug] Semi OT: DSL Modem Question

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Fri Oct 26 01:10:49 MDT 2007

Can someone provide (or point to) an example of how to set up the NAT table in
a Zoom X5 (5654) ADSL modem to allow ssh from via the external interface to
an internal machine? The manuals don't provide any information
about 'advanced' settings and the help files aren't very helpful.

I got the Zoom on reccommendations of the gruop here because I wasn't happy
with the behavior of the Actiontec that Qwest sold me. I think I had this one
behaving properly at one time, but I don't need to set up new computers often
enough to remember the settings.

There is a Linksys router between the PC and the modem.

Is there any good documentation anywhere about setting up small networks?

Thanks
--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology