[lug] OT: got a spare dsl modem?

Robert Racansky robert.racansky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:19:52 MDT 2007

On 10/22/07, Chris Riddoch <riddochc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I seem to have killed my ~4-year-old DSL modem (Actiontec GT701-wg) by
> attempting what seemed like a perfectly reasonable firmware upgrade at
> the time.  Oops.
>
> Would anybody happen to have a spare (working) DSL modem they'd be
> willing to part with?  On the subject, has anybody tried using a dsl
> modem that isn't listed on Qwest's website?  Presumably, it would work
> fine so long as it supports pppoa correctly, but I'm curious whether
> anyone's tried and had good luck with alternatives.
>
> Thanks,

I have available for the bargain price of free:

(1)  Broadxent Broadband Blaster, 8012U

http://www.broadxent.com/pdfs/8012U-Generic.pdf

(2)  Intel Pro DSL 2100, with CD

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/intel2100/index.html

Neither of them have been used in years, and they're just taking up
space in my parts bin.

I am located near Foothills and Pearl during normal business hours.