[lug] CPU comparisons

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Oct 26 13:32:06 MDT 2007

Just curious:

When I was searching for a consumer grade PC in March, I could not find any
that accommodated more that 4GB ram.  While 4GB is probably enough at this
time, I can imagine getting certain customers where it would not be enough
in the future. Have any of the consumer grade notebooks or desktop vendors
graduated to accommodate more than 4GB of RAM?

Why, in the past, have mother boards that accommodate more than 4GB been
very expensive? They are just empty memory slots! Any predictions on when we
will see notebooks that accommodate >4GB ram?

Thanks,
Siegfried