[lug] CPU comparisons

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Sat Oct 27 10:27:31 MDT 2007

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 01:16:10PM -0600, George Sexton wrote:
>> Yeah, and then they will also sell you the special Dell rackmount rails
>> for $250.00.
>
> I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you have used them
> and that you're shocked that the price is so low.

Low-balling the price, and then charging exorbitantly for a required
accessory is just dishonest, and false advertising.

If that's who you like to do business with, then great.

> The Dell rails are some
> of the best engineered parts I have ever used, I wish I could pay $250 to
> get them for the servers I use.   Supermicro rackmount servers come with
> rails, but they're junk compared to the Dell rail kits.  The current Dell
> rails are shockingly fast to rack.

The SuperMicro ones are not the best in the universe, on the other hand,
I haven't had a server fall out of rack, so I guess they work. As I
recall, I had a lot more problem with some HP/Compaq rails that were
"Easy Mount".

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.