[lug] [rephrased] SElinux for multiple apache authors

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.biz
Mon Oct 29 06:01:58 MDT 2007

D. Stimits writes:
> Aside from choice 1, is there a choice anyone here would choose? What
> are the administrative trade-offs? Maybe I missed a better choice?

We take a very different approach.  Developers checkin code,
configuration, etc. into our CVS repository.  It's built into RPMs,
and we deploy that.

We run two apaches: front-end and middle tiers.  The front-end does not
run any code from developers except configuration.  The middle tiers
can be sandboxed any way you like.

To repeat: all code and configuration is in RPMs. :-)  You can back
them out that way, and you can test them on other servers that way.

Our configuration modules are all unit tested as well as acceptance
tested on test machines.  The code is LGPLed and can be found here:

http://www.bivio.biz/f/bOP/lib/Bivio/Util/Release.pm
http://www.bivio.biz/f/bOP/lib/Bivio/Util/LinuxConfig.pm
http://www.bivio.biz/f/bOP/lib/Bivio/Util/HTTPConf.pm

Type "revision site:bivio.biz" into google to get links to all the
source.

Rob