[lug] My last hope....and nerve

Steve A Hart Shart at colorado.edu
Mon Oct 29 19:25:38 MDT 2007

I made the situation simple by dealing with one of the promise arrays
and not both daisy chained.  So yes I do have two and yes both act the
same way when connected individually to the LSI card.  They were
connected to a different computer running FC4 but now they are on a
newer system running FC6.

And as to D. Stimits reply, thanks!! I forgot to mention that I did
individually do drive tests on all the drives in the array.  They are
identical in size and model.  All tested in good working order.

Dan, I'll see if another LSI works but the one I'm using is the one that
was runnig the tape setup as well so I' know it works.

I'm open to any and all ideas at this time.  I feel that the problem
does lie with the kernel and/or the OS but I don't know how to make the
darn things work with the newer kernels.  I'll try these latest ideas
and see where that goes.  I'm still listening for any and all
suggestions anyone might have!

Thanks everyone!

Steve