[lug] My last hope....and nerve

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Oct 31 22:16:10 MDT 2007

Steve A Hart wrote:
[...]
> I'm open to any and all ideas at this time.  I feel that the problem
> does lie with the kernel and/or the OS but I don't know how to make the
> darn things work with the newer kernels.  I'll try these latest ideas
> and see where that goes.  I'm still listening for any and all
> suggestions anyone might have!

So if it's a kernel bug all you can do is get a different kernel.
Hopefully there's some evidence on google of that (so you can hope it
gets fixed soon).

I have a problem at the moment where a new (2.6.21?) kernel doesn't
recognize my USB printer.  Going back to 2.6.18 fixes it so I'm stuck
there until something newer works again.  Don't know when that will be,
or quite where to report the problem (Debian's kernel packaging confuses
me when I look at the bug tracker).  But I've been through this before
and it gets fixed eventually.

Dave