[lug] SCSI Question

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Tue Nov 6 18:10:04 MST 2007

Zan Lynx wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 17:47 -0700, George Sexton wrote:
>> Zan Lynx wrote:
>>> Probably a silly question, but did you try the drive on Connector 1?
>>> Would be worth it to eliminate the possibility of a bad connector.
>>> Believe it or not, not every cable is made perfect. :)
>> Connector 1 is too short to reach the drive area, so no I didn't try it.
>
> Maybe try something like switching 4 and 5 then.

Since I already have 1 drive failed, if the adapter detects another
drive failed, it will kill the array and I'll be hosed.

When I replaced drive 4 initially, I had the SCSI ID set wrong. The
adapter failed drive 1 as well, and marked the array as dead. No amount
of wishful thinking would get the adapter to mark drive 1 unfailed after
that. It took a very expensive after hours support call to Adaptec
support to get the array back.

--
George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.