[lug] wireless access point vs wireless router

Jason Strnad jstrnad at mac.com
Thu Nov 15 23:19:34 MST 2007

The DD-WRT and several of the other 3rd party firmware solutions have
settings that allow use of the device as an access point.  This will
open many of the more commonly available wireless AP/router devices
from Linksys/Buffalo/etc for your intended purpose.

I'm using DD-WRT v24 at the moment on a WRT54G v8 and the option is
available.

-jason