[lug] FC6 to FC7 upgrade problem

gordongoldin at aim.com gordongoldin at aim.com
Tue Nov 20 13:46:08 MST 2007

 I've been upgrading a server from FC3 to 5 etc.

Used the FC7 Rescue disk to do HTTP upgrade from 6.

Got the message: can't modify the BOOT configuration, create new one?

>From past experience, I should have stopped and restarted.

Now, it tries to boot to FC6.

Then shows: Error15: File not found
Press any key to continue

It brings up the boot menu, no longer shows the older installs, shows FC6 first, then 2 FC7 entries.

Either FC7 entry boots.

I suppose the best thing is to pull FC6 out of the list, so it will just auto-boot FC7

How do you change that?

Gordon Golding