[lug] standalone sendmail

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 17:31:08 MST 2007

> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 03:19 -0800, karl horlen
> wrote:
> > I'd like the system to email logwatch messages
> > normally destined for root to go to an external
> email
> > alias account as specified in /etc/aliases.
>
> I do this with ssmtp, which replaces sendmail.  All
> my hosts behind my
> firewall at home send logwatch email using ssmtp
> through my imap account
> on my remote server.

This actually should work for me.  As I explained in
the other post, my remote server is really an ISP mail
account.  As long as I have imap access (what about
pop?), it sounds like this should work.  ssmtp sounds
like it turns and MTA into an IMAP client.

Thanks for the links

http://www.filewatcher.com/m/ssmtp_2.61.orig.tar.gz.53341.0.0.html

http://www.graphics-muse.org/source/ssmtp_2.61.orig.tar.gz