[lug] Promise Vtrak performance

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Nov 25 14:18:29 MST 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 01:21:58PM -0700, User Dan Ferris wrote:
> and then ends with the array vanishing from the fabric.  [...]

Interesting.  A client of ours has a SATABeast with 40 1TB drives in a 4U
chassis that is experiencing exactly this problem.  And fairly low
performance when the array is accessed via NFS (NFS server being Linux,
connected via FC to the array), unless async is turned on.

I haven't used any of the Promise arrays.  We have one client with some
that they absolutely love, another who absolutely hates them.

Sean
--
 "Having computers is a lot like having kids, except it's not as much of a
 problem if they die while you're away."  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1997