[lug] Promise Vtrak performance

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Sun Nov 25 15:33:53 MST 2007

> 7.  Oh yes, the tech support, we can't NOT mention the wonderfulness
> that is Promises tech support.  I've never in my life worked with more
> useless tech support people.  Having worked with Cisco, F5, and Red Hat
> (all fairly decent in my book), dealing with Promise was a rude shock.
> Their tech support strategy is to try a few book solutions and then RMA
> whatever part they think is bad.

good to know.

though probably a little more than off topic, i thought i'd add the
following just because it's fresh in my mind.  based upon 4 weeks of
current experience, dell fits in this category for me.  sales, customer
service and tech support across the board are worthless.  nobody there
knows anything about their own products, even simple questions.
seriously. depending on who you call on what day, you get a different
answer and the run around continues.  they all read off of scripts.  if
it ain't in the script, good luck finding an even moderately semi
knowledgeable person.