[lug] Promise Vtrak performance

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 20:10:40 MST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 3:33 PM,  <dio2002 at indra.com> wrote:

> though probably a little more than off topic, i thought i'd add the
> following just because it's fresh in my mind.  based upon 4 weeks of
> current experience, dell fits in this category for me.  sales, customer
> service and tech support across the board are worthless.  nobody there
> knows anything about their own products, even simple questions.
> seriously. depending on who you call on what day, you get a different
> answer and the run around continues.  they all read off of scripts.  if
> it ain't in the script, good luck finding an even moderately semi
> knowledgeable person.

Interestingly enough, we've had fairly good response from Dell at
work. The only problem is speed of response. Other than parts
replacement (broken hd, mb, nic power supply, etc) which are handled
in standard turnaround time, the really thorny problems (backup
library, tape drives, etc) usually take lengthy interaction. The
agents that respond to this service are extremely knowledgeable, but
they still have to go through a fairly rigid and time consuming debug
process.

--
Collins Richey