[lug] Promise Vtrak performance

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Nov 27 10:27:20 MST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 16:56 -0700, Rob Nagler wrote:
> OK, if you had 12TB of SATA drives you were going to hook up to a
> 2.6 kernel, how would you do it?  I probably could afford to do software
> raid as this is only for backup, and the write performance is limited by
> the network performance.

The guys on the 2CPU.com forums seem to like Areca controllers a lot.  I
read about some people with problems, but Areca seemed to fix them
quickly enough.  Areca has source drivers in the 2.6 tree since last
year.

3ware has been good to me personally although I think their RAID-5
performance isn't very great.
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>