[lug] xen versus vmware

siegfried siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Dec 3 17:10:15 MST 2007

>I like kvm ( http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki ).

>It seems to be pretty fast and stable and they are working on getting
>it caught up on all the xen/vmware features. Downside is that you must
>have a newer cpu that can do hardware virt.

I remember from Ferdinand's BLUG presentation that VMWare was much slower
than XEN.  What about KVM vs. XEN?

I think the big advantage to VMWare (over XEN and KVM) is that it will run
on older CPUs that don't have the virtualization feature. Can someone
confirm that?

>Xen and Vmware both have problems that make me never want to use either
>of them if I can avoid it. ;)

Could you elaborate a bit?

Thanks,
siegfried