[lug] Open source laptops for kids - OLPC offer

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 05:39:18 MST 2007

Lady and Gentlemen,

You could already be a wiener, uh, winner.

Whichever of you -- Neal, Mike, Zan, Nick, Elyse, or anyone else with an
OLPC box -- is willing to ramrod the rest of this herd of cats into doing a
presentation/demo, come see me at Jon's talk on Thursday.

By the way, Jon, who did its camera driver, says he now has five of them.

February or March would be great.  Most people will figure out how to open
them by then. :-)

On Dec 10, 2007 9:58 PM, Jeremy Hinegardner <jeremy at hinegardner.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 09:20:05AM -0700, Mike Stanczyk wrote:
> > On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Neal McBurnett wrote:
> >> I've ordered/donated mine :-) and I know there are others in the area
> >> who already have them.  They are more fun when used together - any
> >> other takers?
> >>
> >> Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/
> >
> > Here's a thought: Group Demo at a Blug meeting.
>
> Better thought: Meeting around the OLPC project, what its about how
> things work and bring your OLPC laptop for demo.
>
> Jeff?  Want to round up all these guys and plan a meeting?  We have a
> tentative plan for the January meeting I believe.
>
> Shall February's topic be OLPC ?
>
> enjoy,
>
> -jeremy
>
> --