[lug] Postfix IMAP Server & Webmail Recommendation

Brad Crotchett brad at bradandkim.net
Thu Dec 13 16:54:51 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 15:07 -0800, karl horlen wrote:
> As I might expect, the first three recommendations are
> all different. :-)
>
> I think I'm leaning towards cyrus because it's most
> difficult from what I can gather and probably will
> cause me the most pain setting up and I like pain ;-).
>  Actually, I don't like pain but my thought is that
> the trouble will be worth the robustness and
> flexibility down the road in anticipation of things I
> may not have thought of at this point.
>
> Is there any other webmail alternative to
> squirrelmail?  I don't know of any other.  And
> wondering how secure sendmail is?

Yes, cyrus will cause you significant pain setting it up, but will be
about as robust and stable as you are likely to ever need.

Funny timing about the security of squirrelmail.  I got a notice today
that their posted source was compromised and modified.  They posted new
source from secure backups.  Other than that I feel it is pretty secure.

Brad Crotchett
brad at bradandkim.net
www.bradandkim.net