[lug] 5 Jan installfest.

Adams, Scott (FGWA-CO) Scott.Adams at FGWA.com
Wed Jan 2 09:36:29 MST 2008

I plan on bringing a Dell Smartstep 100n. I had Feisty on this machine
once. No extra setup required installed flawlessly. I for an
un-explainable reason I upgraded the BIOS. The next reboot the x failed
to load. I tried to play with the Xorg and got no results. I then tried
to reinstall and at this time Gutsy was out. I CAN NOT get x working. By
installing a 'cli' using the alternate install cd I can actually use
this laptop. Once I try to get X working it makes the display impossible
to use.
I am pretty sure that what I need is help configuring Xorg.conf.
What I don't know is should I leave Windo$e Xp on it to determine
hardware or should I install the 'cli' so I don't have to waste that
time at the installfest.

I also aquired a HP netserver. And don't know a thing about RAID.
Can/will I get help understanding that at the installfest? And should I
bring it?

Can't wait to get this fixed.

Scott