[lug] 5 Jan installfest.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Jan 2 11:54:42 MST 2008

Adams, Scott (FGWA-CO) wrote:
[...]
> I am pretty sure that what I need is help configuring Xorg.conf.

Or getting the right X server.

> What I don't know is should I leave Windo$e Xp on it to determine
> hardware or should I install the 'cli' so I don't have to waste that
> time at the installfest.

You'll need to know what the video hardware is.  Whether you leave XP is
up to you, do what's easiest.  You can divide the disk up for Ubuntu so
you can use both.

> I also aquired a HP netserver. And don't know a thing about RAID.
> Can/will I get help understanding that at the installfest? And should I
> bring it?

Sure, bring it.  But try to focus on your highest priority so you get
that done.  If you do too much task switching you might not get either done.

Dave