[lug] Open source laptops for kids - OLPC offer

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Wed Jan 2 23:28:47 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 05:39:18AM -0700, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> Whichever of you -- Neal, Mike, Zan, Nick, Elyse, or anyone else
> with an OLPC box -- is willing to ramrod the rest of this herd of
> cats into doing a presentation/demo, come see me at Jon's talk on
> Thursday.
>
> By the way, Jon, who did its camera driver, says he now has five of
> them.
>
> February or March would be great.  Most people will figure out how
> to open them by then. :-)

I got my OLPC today :-)   The screen is so sharp in non-backlit mode!!

Besides the other LUG folks, there are more local users:
 http://olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

So I think a Feb 14th meeting would be dandy, especially if we can get
together beforehand to play with them.  I think gathering at Hacking
Society meetings is our best bet.

 http://www.hackingsociety.org/chapters/blug/

How many folks have already gotten them?

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/