[lug] Comcast Egress Filtering Port 25

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sat Jan 5 11:57:29 MST 2008

I saw a delay, but I can connect to my mail server located at tummy.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I would be happy to see comcast add
port 25 filtering.  The ratio of pwned spam sites vs. legitimate users
must be, what, 1000-to-1 by now?  Even less?  People working from home
will probably be accessing their work mail servers via VPN anyway.

I do the same thing with my own email, incidently.  All of my mail, both
ways, goes over an openvpn connection.

Looking ahead a few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see port 80
blocked.  Again it's the pwned vs. legitimate users. All it will take is
one fraud victim with deep pockets suing comcast or a peer for not
taking 'reasonable and prudent' technical measures to block the
fradulent pwned websites hosted on their network.