[lug] cold laptop

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Fri Jan 18 15:58:09 MST 2008

I would be concerned about lubricants, etc.  We're talking about
extremely cold temperatures, far colder than you would get in an
unheated trailer on the highway.   Would lubricants freeze, seals break,
etc.?  Maybe trace wires would even snap.

As somebody else pointed out, you can get cheap chemical heating pads.
Bury both in a blanket and it should be enough to keep things from
getting -too- cold.

Bear

P.S., I think the 'plastic bag for condensation' advice refers to film
cameras.  I would not want to expose any of my digital cameras to such
low temperatures.