[lug] keyboard/keypad mapping

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 25 12:28:19 MST 2008

A colleague sent me the following:

--------
I wonder if you can help me to figure out how to set up my keyboard on
the LINUX machine. I use it for text editing on a VAX computer,
that I log on time to time. The numeric keypad on the right side of the
keyboard used to have some functions assigned to it, which does not
exist anymore. It seems that the last LINUX upgrade have changed it
somehow.
--------

I just spoke with her and she said when logged on to the VAX machine the
/ key on the keypad would bring up a VAX menu that would add additional
functionality to the other keypad keys.  She showed me the menu can be
brought up now with F2, but would like it the way it was.

The upgrade she speaks of went from Kubuntu 7.04 (or maybe 6.10) to
Kubuntu 7.10.

Gary