[lug] VPN solution

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:55:56 MST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 2:54 PM, George Sexton <gsexton at mhsoftware.com> wrote:
> I've just spent a day trying to get pptpd to work and I've finally given
> up.

George,

Where is the failure?  Does it not run at the server? Does the client
not connect? Or - after connecting - can the client not see Samba?

I ask because I followed the recipe in "Linux Networking Cookbook",
and my Windows 2000 system is connecting to a VPN on a client's Fedora
8 computer. I have to restart Samba at their location to check that
connectivity (had to add "ppp0" to Samba interfaces, but can't restart
it yet due to many open files), and I'll let you know if that works,
too.

Calvin