[lug] VPN solution

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:23:45 MST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 7:29 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> Shoot, if you're putting software on the Windows boxes just use openvpn.

To quote George's original email:

> I would really like to avoid travelling to the various remote sites to
> setup the VPN client, which it looks like OpenVPN would pretty much require.

FWIW, using the "recipe" in "Linux Networking Cookbook" (O'Reilly),
I've gotten a Windows 2000 system to open a VPN connection (with
Windows' built-in PPTP) to a remote Linux box (running Fedora 8).
Just one problem - I can't get Samba to reply to the remote system
(more research required - sigh).

Calvin