[lug] Lockups on NFS server

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 12:11:41 MST 2008

I'm running Fedora 8 in 3 different locations. At each location, a
system running as NFS server will lock up after 1-2 weeks, and will
have problems serving NFS and NIS before then (sometimes when I
restart nfs, the computer locks up during the "stop" portion of the
command).

All 3 servers have Athlon 64 CPUS and Nvidia-based motherboards, Since
one location has a similar system which has stayed up for a month or
more (it's just not serving NFS or NIS), I don't think it's the CPU or
chipset which is at fault.

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of anyone with a similar issue?

Thanks,

Calvin Dodge