[lug] Lockups on NFS server

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:54:51 MST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 8:54 PM, Lee Woodworth <blug-mail at duboulder.com> wrote:
> Calvin Dodge wrote:
> > I'm running Fedora 8 in 3 different locations. At each location, a
> > system running as NFS server will lock up after 1-2 weeks, and will
> > have problems serving NFS and NIS before then (sometimes when I
> > restart nfs, the computer locks up during the "stop" portion of the
> > command).
> What locks up? Server hardware, all server processes,
> nfs processes/threads?

I'm thinking it's the entire server, since it becomes unresponsive to
any input (including ssh and dhcp client requests), the screen display
shows no change (like gkrellm's moving graphs) and the system log
shows no entries after the lockup time (once I was away from it for
hours, and there should have been _some_ log entries in that time).

Calvin