[lug] Library locations

Ben Whaley bwhaley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:53:26 MST 2008

Jeff,

You should probably would refer to the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard

If your library is architecture independent, it should go in
/usr/share/lib. If the binaries will live in /usr/bin/ or /usr/sbin/,
put the library in /usr/lib. Otherwise, /usr/local/lib is probably the
right place.

- Ben