[lug] Request/bug tracking systems--suggestions for small team

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:24:35 MST 2008

Vince,

One suggestion is Trac.  Would that meet my requirement for
> a well-established, versatile and relatively light-weight
> system?  I understand it can be closely integrated with
> Subversion.

I've used Trac, and I liked it.  The integration with SVN is good, too.

Our test group wanted a configurable bug-state flow, which it didn't have,
so we're using Bugzilla instead.  This is also free, but not light-weight.
(Trac was slated to get the flow stuff in the next release, so it may have
it now.)

Depending on how much code you have, and how free you need stuff to be, I'd
also recommend taking a look at http://cvsdude.com , which hosts our SVN and
bug-tracking.  I think very highly of them, they're not expensive, and they
save us a lot of work and worry.

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]