[lug] Mailman question

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Sat Mar 8 21:29:20 MST 2008

Greetings,

I have mailman 2.1.4 running on my server and have multiple moderators.
One of my moderators can login just fine from home but cannot log in from
his laptop.

I'm kind of stumped and thought I'd ask on this list.  The problem with
JFGoogling for the solution is that "mailman" shows up for every mail
server and "can't login"?  Lol!

I thought it was a cookie issue but he said he has cookies enabled in his
browser.

I used tcpdump to see what happened when he attempts to log in and I do
log in.  The one thing that I have that he doesn't is this:

Set-Cookie:
tesla+admin=280200c7148300<bunch-o-numbers deleted>3633643134;
Path=/mailman/; Version=1;

That's why I thought it was cookies but he says his browser has cookies
for my domain enabled, so that is likely not the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what to try?

Thanks in advance.

Chip