[lug] Mailman question

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Mar 9 18:06:09 MDT 2008

Chip Atkinson wrote:
[...]
> I used tcpdump to see what happened when he attempts to log in and I do
> log in.  The one thing that I have that he doesn't is this:
>
> Set-Cookie:
> tesla+admin=280200c7148300<bunch-o-numbers deleted>3633643134;
> Path=/mailman/; Version=1;
>
> That's why I thought it was cookies but he says his browser has cookies
> for my domain enabled, so that is likely not the problem.

Were there any differences in the HTTP headers (like "I don't accept
cookies" or "I love cookies" respectively)?

Can he actually see that the cookie is set in his browser (Mozilla shows
me a list of what it's keeping)?

He says he allows cookies but maybe he doesn't understand what you're
saying.

(http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/sidjames/196/HeDidntFall.wav)

Dave