[lug] PCI Sata Card

karl horlen horlenkarl at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 21:08:19 MDT 2008

That looks like a pretty good bet.  I might just give
it a shot.  Promise usually makes pretty good stuff.

I guess i thought one of these would be going for more
like $25 versus $50.

Pointing me to this card also pointed out a benefit I
overlooked.  It has an ATA channel which will allow me
to REuse my old IDE drives moving forward.  Assuming I
stick with an older OS (no Vista support) and future
drivers for linux work.

Thanks.  If anybody has any more thoughts, send them
on

--- Garett Michael Shulman <shulmang at Colorado.EDU>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816102061