[lug] PCI Sata Card

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Mar 11 07:51:56 MDT 2008

karl horlen wrote:
 > Can anyone recommend a replacement inexpensive PCI 2
 > port sata card that works and a place to buy it,

Anything with the Silicon Image 3112 or 3114 chipset will work quite well
under Linux.  Best Buy used to claim to stock (though I never saw one on
the shelf, but I don't go there that frequently) an Adaptec branded 3112
2-port SATA card for $50.  Buying them online you can get different brands
with this chipset for around $10 to $20 for the 4-port card.

I bought based on chipset, not brand, so I don't remember any of the brands
of SATA cards I've gotten except the Adaptec.  I just went to NewEgg and
searched their inventory until I found a 4-port card that had the right
chipset.

Sean