[lug] PCI Sata Card

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:55:06 MDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> wrote:
> karl horlen wrote:
>
>  They're pretty good... lot more parts for builders than CompUSA, and
>  generally decent prices.

If I need a part TODAY (like the case, motherboard and OEM copy of
WIndows XP I bought last week), Microcenter is pretty much the only
viable option - especially if TODAY is a Sunday.

Plus they sell a nifty adapter ($15) which lets you connect an IDE
(desktop AND laptop) OR SATA drive to a computer via USB (I bought 2
for an upcoming laptop drive swap).

Now, if only I lived in a city with a Frys ... (permanent residence is
now Tucson, and Phoenix is the closest Fry's location).

Calvin