[lug] PCI Sata Card

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Mar 11 15:24:07 MDT 2008

Calvin Dodge wrote:

> Now, if only I lived in a city with a Frys ... (permanent residence is
> now Tucson, and Phoenix is the closest Fry's location).

I've thought that Denver would be a good place for a Fry's for a long
time.

I heard through the grapevine that the family that owns them, always
follows certain "rules" for locations, like many large retailers, to
maximize their traffic to the store.  Like they always TRY (not all of
them are this way, from what I've seen) to put them at the intersection
of at least two major highways in a city, even if it's on the outer
edge, and they look for easy access on and off the highways, etc.

I always visit Fry's and try to buy some little something when I'm out
of town and there's one in the city I'm visiting.  I want to "vote with
my dollars" to keep any store willing to STOCK BENCHTOP OSCILLOSCOPES as
well as PC hardware, for example.  They're amazing.  What a great "toy
store" for geeks, man... that place is truly cool.

Nate