[lug] atime in Fedora 8?

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:02:16 MDT 2008

How do I turn on atime out of Fedora 8?  I've tried two things that I think
should work

  chattr -A filename

and

  mount -o atime,remount /

but executing an executable no longer seems to change its atime.  Neither,
for that matter, does cat on the file itself.

If I can't turn on atime, can anyone tell me how to tell when a file was
last executed?

(For example, if I want to find out whether "rpm -q" is executing
"/usr/lib/rpm/rpmq", I'd normally do "rpm -q; ls -ul /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq")

This all seems to work fine on Ubuntu, but not on Fedora 8.  And yes, "rpm
-q" does execute "/usr/lib/rpm/rpmq" -- but I do feel odd using a Debian
distro to answer questions about the "Red Hat Package Manager."  :-)

--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]