[lug] atime in Fedora 8?

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:13:31 MDT 2008

Kev,

See:

> http://kerneltrap.org/node/14148

Uh-huh.  That's why I'd tried the remount with atime.   (And the chattr.)

I even tried "mount -o remount,atime,diratime,norelatime"  (Yeah, I didn't
see a "diratime" or a "norelatime" counterpart to "nodiratime" and
"relatime", but what the heck ....)

I'd seen the link you pointed at, but lacked the patience to go through it.
It's, uh, lengthy.  Do you happen to know if there's a way to turn atime
back on without rebuilding the kernel (or re-installing RH Manhattan)?

Failing that, I'll use strace, but "ls -ul" is so often what I need that I'd
hate to give it up, and I'm not running a server where I need every last bit
of filesystem performance.

> Basically the atime only gets updated if the mtime or ctime were
> updated since the last atime update.
>
> kevin

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]