[lug] atime in Fedora 8?

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:17:55 MDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:54:49PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:10:27 -0600
> hugh at math.byu.edu (Hugh Brown) wrote:
>
> > If I wanted to know what rpm -q was executing, I'd run it via strace.
> >
> > On a Redhat 5.1 box, rpm -q; ls -ul /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq returns an
> > updated timestamp.
>
> Red Hat 5.1? wow... blast from the past...

No kidding.  My first linux box was redhat 5.2 on a Celeron 333 which soon became a Mandrake 5.3 box since redhat wouldn't ship KDE and Gnome was stuck in the "we should look like Windows 95" line of thinking.

Now redhat has just released 5.2 beta.  I've given up on calling it RHEL, though I suppose I should call it "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.1" ;)

Hugh