[lug] Issues with RedHat Enterprise

Steve A Hart Shart at colorado.edu
Tue Mar 18 18:02:53 MDT 2008

Yes, I have been reading about many distros having issues with the
current firefox.  Rumor is that Firefox3 will deal with the problem.

I'm more concerned about matlab and the c++ compilers working  obscenely
slow.  Dan, I did check nfs and the server has some slow periods due to
heavy nfs traffic but the clients seem to be running smoothly.  Hugh, do
you find that processes like matlab take longer to processin your setup
on the Ent5 clients?  Sounds like you have a similar setup to my system.

I know the c++ problem has something to do with my specific network and
the 2 subnets I manage but I was hoping that someone on here might have
heard of other issues going on between Ent4 and Ent5.

Steve