[lug] Sarge -> Etch upgrade errors

Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 19 09:24:40 MDT 2008

I've tried to upgrade from sarge to etch on two machines and have gotten
identical errors.  I've tried both etch DVDs and on-line sources in the
sources.list file.  Ultimately I need this to work from DVDs, but at
this point either will move me forward.  I'm trying to update from a
fully updated sarge install.  I've googled the error messages and found
some hits, but no resolution.  It doesn't seem many people have
encountered these errors.  The errors:

-------------------------
Some packages had unmet dependencies.  This may mean that you have
or been moved out of Incoming.

  xlibmesa-glu: Depends: xfree86-common but it is not installable
                Conflicts: libglu1 which is a virtual package.
  libglu1-mesa: Conflicts: libglu1 which is a virtual package.
  libfam0c102: Conflicts: libfam0 but 2.7.0-12 is to be installed.
-------------------------

>From my sources.list file:
=========================
deb http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://debian.oregonstate.edu/debian/ etch main
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r3 _Etch_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-1
20080217
-11:31]/ unstable contrib main
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r3 _Etch_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-2
20080217
-11:31]/ unstable main
#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r3 _Etch_ - Official i386 DVD Binary-3
20080217
-11:31]/ unstable main