[lug] Well-supported USB webcam

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Mar 23 21:12:54 MDT 2008

Steve Sullivan wrote:
 > If you find and answer could you please post it?  I tried one from Logitech,
 > but it had Windows only drivers.  So I installed it on Win XP, but it was
so bad

On several occasion I've dealt with the Axis cameras and they were quite
good.  They aren't USB though, they are all Ethernet.  They run Linux
internally, and provide an IP interface, and I've only heard good things
about them.  They start at around $500, but for full pan/tilt/zoom expect
to spend over a grand.  They will do PoE for power.

Pretty much every USB camera I've tried has lead to pain and suffering.

Sean