[lug] kickstart and group files

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 10:37:54 MDT 2008

Zan,

Brilliant ideas!  Though, unfortunately, with the standard definition: "I
thought of that, too." :-(

Try grepping around in the directory for aztek.  You might find a file
> referencing the old name, or you missed something in the XML.

For a lot of the stuff, you have to actually unzip it (or bunzip2 it), but
yeah.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 09:28 -0600, Jeffrey Haemer wrote:
> > I'm trying to add stuff to my RPM repository for an F8 kickstart, and
> > I am thrashing.  I've read and Googled, and tried lots of experiments,
> > but I'm failing.
> >
> > Here's my current sticking point:
> >
> > I've added a new group to the comps file (Fedora-8-comps.xml), called
> > aztek-additional and used createrepo -g to rebuild the metadata.  That
> > works.
> >
> > If I change the name to "aztek-apps", and then rebuild the metadata
> > again, the kickstart chokes, saying that the group file is bad.
> > Change it back and rebuild the metadata?  It's fine again.  It's
> > clearly seeing my change.
> >
> > The name's cached somewhere, but I can't find it.
> >
> > I've tried blowing away the metadata (Packages/repodata) and starting
> > from scratch.  I've tried "aztek-5ki" instead of "aztek-apps."  Same
> > failure.
>
> Try grepping around in the directory for aztek.  You might find a file
> referencing the old name, or you missed something in the XML.
>
> Honestly, I've done quite a lot with the AS2.1 and AS3 Kickstart, but
> I've never done anything with FC-6 or later.
>
> Maybe there's more options to the createrepo command?
> --
> Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]