[lug] Etch AMD kernels not working

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 9 14:11:28 MDT 2008

Gary Hodges wrote:
> Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov wrote:

For those interested...  I did a fresh install on a separate drive.
Same issue.  About half the time I'd get to login prompt, and about half
the time it stops during the boot process.  For kicks I tried a
different SCSI card.  Same results.  When I get a chance I'll compile a
kernel and see if that works.  For the time being I'm back to running
the 486 kernel with one CPU.